NEW YEAR. NEW STORIES

2:15 PM

I cried.  The first portrait session of the year and it was of me and I bent!  My tears came almost as instantly as they dissipated.   Emotions came in a flurry and then, just like that....a calm relief washed over me.  I exhaled and smiled.  Agnes Obel made all the right classical piano moves as she sang me through my favorite playlist.  An hour or two later, nervous excitement of the initial unknown-scrolling through the images, the sense of finally creating and processing new work after what seemed like an eternity.  Being behind the camera is where I prefer to be, but to start this year off right and wriggle out of my creative reprieve, I felt compelled to scratch my itchy trigger finger.  I woke up to the camera perched on the tripod, set up the night before  precisely composed and ready.  I had to do the Limbo to get to the bathroom, to avoid moving it a even a smidge.  The pure anticipation of envisioning the bright light of the sun seeping into the room, what I feel comfortable wearing, the poses-if any...I went to bed and woke up with the same rush; MY SHOOT!  Is this what my clients feel right before their session?! :-P


Yes...I took a time out.  An overly extended time out, for some good and some "meh" goings on.   A step up the ladder in my 9-5, life changes and loads of soul searching led to time away from doing what I love the most.  Building a business on my own is not the easiest thing to do while maintaining a separate career 17 years in the making.  Yet, during this break, I still obsessed behind the scenes on all things Honeyshot Photography, building a brand new website for easier navigation, uncomplicated and more streamlined showcasing bolder images, planning all the new Portrait projects lined up, including the introduction of Headshots & Personal Branding packages (more on that later *pinky swear*) and how to serve you all with an amazing portrait experience.  Learning how to educate on the value of a photograph in this disposable digital world we live in and the importance of creating an heirloom legacy; something for you to treasure for years, for your children and family to treasure for generations.  Something way more substantial than a JPEG file, which for sure, will soon become obsolete. I've discovered and added new products to my line, ones that I promise will make anyone happy to own.  I have even envisioned my very own images printed and professionally mounted, that's how seriously gorgeous these new products are!  With every click on the remote after setting up each frame, I imagined I was not myself, but a new friend I made, whom would feel proud of allowing her inner beauty shine with confidence through my lens.  My tears came easy with the realization that this is exactly what I want to be doing for the rest of my life...  This feeling of excitement is exactly what I wish for you.  

I'm super excited to share all of these wonderful things, along with new stories of more beautiful people.  Real people.  You.

For now, I'll share one of myself. 

My story is one of woman who's hungry and not just for pizza! One who's overcome so many obstacles and will sometimes even skate around them if she has to.  A passionate latina of caribbean descent, born in Brooklyn.  A minimalist who favors ice cream in bed any day of the week and loves to make her belly rolls talk in a funny voice.  She's a mother of two fierce girls.  A 43 year old empty nester who gets fired up for all things creative and is striving to start her own business.  Being the capturer (ummm, I maybe just made that word up) of beautiful people, things, moments makes her want to scream with joy!  Sometimes she gets in her own way putting other people and their interest first.  That's just the Motherbear in her.  But not this year. This year, she knows better.  This year she's going to put her passion first and do the what she's inspired to do every single time she spots a beautiful soul she wants to capture.....










You Might Also Like

0 comments

Featured Post

Glam Shoot: The Diva Got Legzzz

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest