The Light In Your Eyes

4:24 PM

Whether I am shooting indoors or out in the elements, ensuring a fun experience is my top priority. Its not always so easy for some of us to strike a pose and be camera-ready, but I find that once we get comfortable and loosen up those jitters, we become quite the little models, don't we?

Feeling good is such an integral part of looking good.  We get that bounce in our step and that strut in our walk and I revel in capturing that moment.  There is nothing like seeing the light in someones eyes shine from within.  It is the most rewarding experience for me as a portrait photographer....

This is what I am talking about




My youngest is not only the brightest light next to the sun, but combine her and sunlight and I swear, I can almost shed a tear.  Her bubbly personality and her lovable and warm demeanor lights up any room, but when there is a camera staring back at her, she retreats.  During a trip to the city, we were on a train and I saw the beautiful sunlight shine on her eyes.  I could not resist.  She instantly stiffened when she saw me take the camera out of my bag, she didn't want us to "get robbed' as she so eloquently put it.  Unfortunately, this happens to be a normal frame of thought for any New Yorker worth their salt.  But the mother/photographer/native New Yorker in me weighed the risk against the losing the shot; guess which won?!  

She is even beautiful when she is nervous!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Featured Post

Glam Shoot: The Diva Got Legzzz

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest