The Beauty of True Beauty

8:30 PM

Glossy fashion magazines, however deceitful they may be, are soooo much fun to look at, I must admit.  I am surely not alone when I wonder from what planet did some of these aliens descend and how fast can I run to meet their leader!  I mean, like, 98 % of us do not have perfectly long necks and flawless skin.  We all in the generic (a-hem, excuse me) general public are now privy to world of the photoshop, thanks to the information superhighway and all of its not-so-secret secrets.  We can airbrush and spot-remove right from our smartphones, folks...seriously! Its like, we're in the audience, heckling the magician and showing him how much better we can pull off his "illusions".

As a photographer, though, I have learned to view things from a much different perspective, if you will.  Granted, these Adobe programs have certainly changed the way we process images in post.  We find ourselves in the abyss of limitless possibilities when it comes to editing, compositing, etc. Take, for instance, my range; I have done Boudoir, Newborn, & Glamour.  What can I say, jack-of-all, master-of-(hmmm...I'll get back to you on that), but I have noticed that I shied away from booking Beauty shoots because of the intricacy and the specificity of the genre, by way of lighting, equipment, patience...lol!  Smooth, sleek flawless skin, sharply drawn makeup, colors & tones make for a stare-worthy image, no? I do tend to dabble and dip my toes in the different genres, but  when we talk about it as a whole, portraiture is fast becoming my new go-to for scouted shoots.   I daresay that I am taking certain liberties of labeling all genres under the sole umbrella of portraiture, lol (yes, I do laugh at my own jokes and "LIKE" my own posts, for that matter, since we're in the confessing mood) and I am certainly proud to say, I came, I conquered and I delivered!  Special thanks to the beautiful, multi-talented Leslie O, (a lifestyle blogger  who writes about food, places, experiences, reviews and love) for having such faith in my work.  Here are some of the images I am currently boasting about, Happy viewing!!!



















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Featured Post

Glam Shoot: The Diva Got Legzzz

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest