Beach Birthday

1:11 PM

It was 95 degrees out.  Humid.  Setting up the backyard for a birthday party is work, but on a hot and humid summer day, its mini torture!  Its great to be 9 years old and not have to blow up balloons, move furniture, hang streamers, prepare table, pick up the cake; the whole time all I could think was "How can I get away for at least five minutes, a quick dip in the water will make this a little easier, if....I....can just...." (balloon POPS from the heat) Well, that certainly woke me up from my daydream of jumping into the big waves lol!  So, well into the day, my little birthday boy comes inside from the heat.  He looks sad and sweaty, something we had in common.  I ask, "Hey babe, whats wrong?"  He did not hesitate to say that he thought his birthday party was going to be a Beach party.  At first, I was surprised to see his sadness; he and his buddies had just ended a water balloon war.  Soaked and refreshed, he insists that he really wished they were all at the beach.  I agreed but had to remind him of the burgers that were being grilled and how his guests may be hungry... we both shrugged.  I had to bring down the paper plates and napkins.  After about an hour and many stuffed bellies, Dad decided "Why not?"  I guess he had enough of wringing the sweat from his t-shirt; seeing his son's face light up didn't hurt either. "Lets go to the BEACH!"  I swear, I can still hear all the YAYs a week later!  Even I exclaimed-YESSSS!!!  I was elated to say the least. The kiddos were happy, and here is the proof!!!










You Might Also Like

0 comments

Featured Post

Glam Shoot: The Diva Got Legzzz

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest