Being Featured on Instagram

10:05 PM

Long day...in 4 1/2 inch heels, wondering if I will ever tire of strutting around in them. Boss will ask me for the fifth time to go over tomorrow's agenda in the half hour before he decides to leave for the day.  Like a ventriloquist dummy, my mouth open square with the info, I press the mental replay button and he's out the door. 

Finally, its 5pm.  

I am excited for my express bus ride, which takes an hour and half long route to my neighborhood.  Here, I unwind with my macbook and crack up (shhhh....) at the funny Penny and Sheldon verbal jousting on my headphones while I work on my site.  I always take the window seat.  There is always something I can snap with my iphone camera on my way home and today didn't disappoint.  My inspiration was the sky in its beautiful pink sunset.  This reminds me of why I love the Fall.  I miss the long summer days, but the colors at this time of night are gorgeous.  As I exit, I find my wool jacket may be too much for a 65 degree eve.  I'm feeling friendly, open and just glad to be home.  

Usually, when I walk in, its a beeline straight to the bedroom, heels off, sweats and fuzzy socks on.  Kokoa looked up at me and stood at attention.  I know that look; she has other ideas of what I need to do.  It was like she telepathically ordered me to take her out.  I happily obliged.  Who can resist that bunny hop she does the minute I grab the leash, not this sucker lol.  My trigger finger was ready, that pink sky was going fast, so we hastily make it to the boardwalk and low and behold, an acoustic guitar.  Literally, music to my ears.  I can almost cry but for the right reasons.  It took me back to the beautiful nights where my daughter would regale us with her strumming.  He was facing the ocean and the sunset, MY sunset, made for a perfect backdrop...here is the result



I was so pleased with it that almost immediately and in a trance-like state, I zombie-walked over to the bench, posted and tagged it to a daily forum challenge.  In less than five minutes, I was tagged and featured! Eeeeek!  What a great way to get fresh eyes on my work and also to be on a fluid streak of inspiration.  In the meantime, while I dig for a baggy in my pocket, happy viewing! {insert heart emoticon here} 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Featured Post

Glam Shoot: The Diva Got Legzzz

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest