my TRUE love of photography is YOU!

9:54 PM

it could be the flirt in me.  the one that likes when someone smiles and even moreso when I have something to do with that smile....I don't even care how corny it sounds, its the truth.  


when people tell me that they don't like to have their picture taken, I don't believe them!  I mean, really?!  I know why...and I think it may surprise you to know that I also feel the same way.  Being behind the camera has taught me some important lessons, however.  No matter what I look like now, I still love myself.  I still celebrate myself, my womanhood -for instance, when I put on my lipstick, my heels.  Even moisturizing helps me feel sexy and beautiful.  Of course, some days it takes more effort than others.  Overall, I try to celebrate my every day my every mood because I am living in the now and I realize that time is slip slip slipping away with every passing year (ha ha) But I do, I celebrate myself by looking in the mirror and trying NOT to wince at least 2 out of three times.  I like to think that I can find the beauty in me that I find in others.  Today, I asked all my gorgeous friends to tell me their favorite feature when they look in the mirror, just one-when I can list at least a dozen or so from each and every person.  Almond shaped eyes, Cat eyes, Luxurious Lashes, Silky Hair, Sexy Legs; one of my besties even dared to say that she loves EVERY part of her body!  Go GIRL!!!!  I was as just as surprised to get such honest responses as I was from not hearing from a few...



That leads me to put myself in the shoes of the "client" aka YOU as I ask myself why are people so camera-shy, particularly woman (eventhough I have even heard men give me the similar answers):  the old "...oh i have to lose a few pounds" or even better "...oh what would I do with portraits of myself?"  Easy, I can answer that!  Maybe you want to start a business, have a professional branding image, in a contemporary modern style.  Maybe you'd like to have an updated image on your linkedin or other social media platforms.  Perhaps, you want to capture your love with your significant other in a couple shoot...there doesn't always have to be a wedding or engagement for a fun couple shoot.  Or maybe, just maaaaaybe you want to feel pampered, get your hair and makeup done, bring a favorite new outfit, work on some ideas to personalize your shoot that fits your style, sit and pose for a few beautiful portraits you will be proud to put on your wall, showing off your latest style change, your new hair do, color, your new contact lenses, your new dress, your new suit, anything and everything that helps celebrate you, NOW!  Join me in the movement #existinphotos.  It would be my honor to show you your beautiful story, who's got the Prosecco?!

 ;-)



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Featured Post

Glam Shoot: The Diva Got Legzzz

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest