the Honeyshot philosophy

8:10 PM

People who say we live in a digital world are definitely not talking to me!  I do the whole look-behind-my-shoulder thing, and then point at myself, all Robert Deniro like, "Who ME?"  I ask these people, as I rub my chin, (sudden British accent) "and, how do you hang these digital files you speak of? How would you pass them along at a family dinner or down to your children or to your children's children?"  While I do agree, thumb-scrolling through images on a cell phone is convenient as an option, digital files are NOT archival.  In a span of the last 15 years, we went from floppys, to CDs, to DVDs, to flash drives and SD cards, to the online Clouds; when 256MB was considered the highest storage capacity compared to today's gigabytes and terabytes....oh my!  And while we experience the advancement and obsolescence of said technology, there is just nothing more beautiful than a Wall Portrait, in all its glory, beautifully mounted on a lovely frame or perhaps, sifting through old wedding albums at grandmas.

Connection.  Attraction. Your story...

The magic of a photograph lies within the story it tells.  A portrait, to me, is one of the most beautiful forms of telling that story.  Yes, we can hear a song and go along a journey whilst we whistle and tap our feet. Yes, we can read a book and rely on our imaginations to take us where the author guides, hand held from page to page.  But we look first, don't we?  We flip through the pages as our eyes quickly scan for the pretty pictures.  Am I the only person that gets goosebumps when I find those hidden treasures, yearning for that visual stimuli, as if my eyes are thirsty and the images are my flask of salvation in the desert?!  Yes, I can get carried away, but I mean it.  I know that you know exactly what I mean, too. :-)

You may ask yourself, "Well, why me? Why would I book a portrait shoot for myself?, What is the occasion, the purpose?" And that's when I look you straight in the eye and say, "Why not?"  A portrait freezes time, tells a story, YOUR story.  As unique and individual as your thumbprint.  As we personally evolve, our families grow, our children have children, we celebrate.  Birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, weddings, our style, our love for ourselves, our love for our significant others; we commemorate these special moments in photographs to stand the test of time and take us back in time. Ahh, nostalgia...feels good doesn't it?  So why do we think that booking a photography session is limited to special occasions or for our other family members? Why do we feel guilty if we even consider booking a shoot for ourselves but shameless about the inordinate amount of selfies taking up our cell phone memory?   Get that sexy little black number, get those pumps to match, get those hot jeans you've been eyeing for weeks, get that mani/pedi and lets rock that shoot.  These images will beat your selfies any day of the week.  I daresay, you will look back at those images and smile.  Every.  Single.  Time.

Fast forward to 2017 and I am now the Photographer; creator of the images, poser-er of limbs and body parts, capture-er (um, is that a word?) of moments.  That moment may be a sweet first kiss at the alter, a walk through the park with your loved ones, or just you, glowing from your hair and makeup session, wearing that special little something you picked out for your shoot, feeling incredible and anticipating your evening out on the town afterwards!  The Honeyshot philosophy is just that; celebrating the beauty of your own true self, your natural individuality.  Capturing that and then watching your expression at the unveiling during your post-session Viewing appointment is priceless.....

"YES, that really is YOU!"
"YES....you really DO look like that!"
"YES, you really worked it!"


Ugh, I can just scream!!!  What a wonderful feeling to be able to show you what I see from behind the lens.  Its not everyday you get to dress up (or down ;-) and have your hair and makeup done by professionals for a photo shoot, but when you do, we photographers LOVE to show you off and we want YOU to show yourself off, too.  Some major changes are taking place at the Honeyshot headquarters; I decided to take a new direction and embark on a journey into the Glamour/Vanity Portraiture world, which will be shot in studio or your home, where me and my team will dedicate all of our attention to the real star of the show, YOU! Join me in this movement; the #existinphotos movement, what do you say?!

xo 
©  2016 K. HERNANDEZ | HONEYSHOT PHOTOGRAPHY ALL RIGHTS RESERVED  NYC PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHER



©  2016 K. HERNANDEZ | HONEYSHOT PHOTOGRAPHY ALL RIGHTS RESERVED  NYC PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHER




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Featured Post

Glam Shoot: The Diva Got Legzzz

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest